Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Oh dear!!!

Imagine my surprise when I, Rilla Smithens, peacefully singing my favorite pop song, innocently opened Bee's blog. "Oh dear!!!" I exclaimed, as I melted into a puddle on the floor.
For a second I looked at the post.... then I looked at the signature.....
"Oh dear!!!" I nearly shouted. 
Grandma came in and peeked over my shoulder.
"If you're gonna use that new-fangled thing George put in, don't yell,"Grandma paused. "It ain't the end of the world you know."
"It is to me!!!!" I said passionately.
Grandma, that old dear, raised her eyebrows, and quickly stepped out of the house to tend to the horses.
For a while, I sat, and cried, and cried, and cried. Then I lifted my head, and yelled at an imaginary Olivia Green.
I used to like the color green, but now we aren't on speaking terms.
After that I wrote a really cutting email to Libby. And then, with my last spasm of anger, I vehemently pressed 'Send'.
For once in my life I wished 'that new-fangled thing George put in' really had crashed. I stared at the screen.
"Oh dear!!!" I shrieked. "I really sent that? Me? Kind, silly Cora Elizabeth Priscilla Smithens!?!!?!?!?!"
I banged my head on the desk.
A very sincere, a very confused, a very repentant,
Rilla

No comments:

Post a Comment