Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bee's Way is going to the dolls!!

Yesterday morning I was reclining regally on a lovely chaise lounge, sipping peppermint tea... yeah right, I was flopped out in the den, with a book when Molly McIntire came running up to me.
She was very agitated, and yet she still managed to stutter out all that happened between Rilla and Libby.
"And here I am reporting them to you," she gulped, after she finished. "You should have watched your blog better."
For a minute I was struck dumb. And then I had a two-second tantrum. I threw the pillows, and grumbled in a very loud voice. I was not screaming. I was raising my voice very loud. Okay, I was screaming.
After I very grumpily thanked Molly, she ran out of my house as fast as her legs could carry her, with a muttered, "So long, Bee."
As soon as she was gone I hopped up again, and ran to the computer. I read every post. I'm not sure I know what noise I made. It was between a growl and a, "Those guys!!!!!!!!"
After I had signed out of blogger, and quit the browser, I rushed to the Springfield Academy. 
I threw open the doors of the school, where Libby was holding a St. Patrick's Day bash. Some people complained that it was several days after St. Patrick's Day, but it didn't matter to Libby.
She was making a speech about turning St. Patrick's Day into St. Patrick's Week. I grabbed her off the lunch table where she was standing, and dragged her into the classroom.
"Olivia Sandra Green!!!!!!!!" I sputtered, as soon as the door had closed safely behind us.
"Yes?" she was annoyed at me for interrupting her speech.
"You are in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I snarled.
"I kinda guessed." she replied flatly.
I didn't explain everything, I yelled everything, and took away her privilege of posting on my blog for a couple weeks. I also made her promise to come with me to Rilla's house to apologize.
And so, this is how we ended up at Rilla's house at three o' clock PM.
When she opened the door, she looked surprised when she saw Libby and me standing, breathless, on her doorstep.
"Oh!" she exclaimed, when she opened the door. "Hi guys... come on in."
We did 'come on in', and abruptly sat down on two comfortable chairs.
"What 'buzzness' did you two come on?" Rilla giggled. And then she saw my face. She stopped giggling.
"It has to do with my blog," I replied darkly.
"Oh!" gushed Rilla. "Your cute, purple blog, I was just thinking-"
I was not to be resisted.
"You two need to stop this!!" I broke in, as my face started feeling hot. "Cora Elizabeth Priscilla Smithens!!!!!!!"
She started to murmur, "I'm sorry but-"
But I interrupted again, "You two had no permission! You, Rilla, had no reason to be so rude with Libby!! You-"
This time Rilla cut in. "I'm sorry, Olivia! I'm sorry, Bee!" she was staring at her lap.
"I'm sorry too, Rilla..." replied Libby, not ungraciously. Then she added. "I forgive you, and I went too far....."
Rilla mumbled her forgiveness, and fled to her room.
Libby and I both sat there a moment or two more. Then I went home, and Libby went to clean up the school. Thus, that is why I am sitting here, peacefully, writing this blog post. 
A now cheerful,
Bee
P.S. Sorry to inflict such a choppy post on you!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi. This is Molly McIntire. Bee forgot to mention how much Rilla moves around... even I don't know what she was doing home on Saturday. I just wanted to clarify.

    ReplyDelete