Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 1 of Presents: Turtle Crossing!

Welcome, welcome, welcome!
It is I, the buzzy, the bouncy, the bubbly Bee!
I have come to show you all the felt turtles that have acted as stocking stuffers for my family.
Behold!



Time for a tiny turtle history lesson. The first turtle I ever made was the the golden one. I started it the Christmas of 2010, but didn't finish it until 2011, since I had shoved it into the back of my shelf. :P
Although it didn't show up in the picture, I made a lucky seven on its back out of sequins, since turtle shells have designs on them... sort of.
After I finished the first one, I decided that ALL of my family would like turtles. (FYI, I put the first one in my older sister's stocking!)

Next I made the green one for my father. It has a question mark stitched on its back. (I was kinda tired the night I made that one, and I couldn't think of a better design right then.)

After that, I made the purple one, which in time, would be given to my mother. I accidentally cut its head a little small, but no matter.
A purple swirl adorns it shell.

Hmm... let me think now... I believe I made the friendly pink turtle next, as I planned the one for my brother. I gave the pink one to my younger sister. This also does not show up in the photo, but the pink one is two colors of pink. :)

After I finished planning the colors for my brother's awkward turtle, I started it. This one is a bit different since I made the design on it out of felt, not sequins. Awkward, no?

Last but not least, I made the turtle for my grandmother. It is very red. And burgundy. I also used burgundy for its shell.

By the way, I used Sharpie brand marker for their faces. (I am the queen of non sequiturs, ha ha!)

Anyway, back to life. I hope you enjoyed hearing about the turtles, and um.... um...
:D Say cheese!
Bee
P.S. I remember my lines now! Come back tomorrow for more awesome presents!


No comments:

Post a Comment