Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 3: Miscellaneous

Welcome back, folks for another over-the-top day of... stuff. :)
Okay, yeah I know you're dying to see the photos but, I also have another announcement!
At present, today is the one and only day I will feature a how-to! (And also an extra picture I forgot to feature in yesterday's post. :p)

 First off, we have a lovely red and cream stocking. (I can say that because I didn't pick the colors or make the pattern, I just sewed it.)
It was for my grandma, since she didn't own a stocking, and also it made a nice Christmas present.


The next photo shows the pincushion which was also for my grandma. It was a really fun pattern, and since I had to read the manual for the sewing machine, this one probably taught me the most about sewing. Well... excepting Tallullah's new dress... (see day 2) I learned the hard way that's it best to zigzag stitch a dress before actually sewing it together.
:P
These are some accessories I made for my younger sister's Strawberry Shortcake doll. They are both made from Red Heart, I believe. I crocheted them simply by chaining until it looked long enough.
My younger sister found the scenery for me, and I snapped the photo. :)

Here comes the part you have all been waiting for...
The do-it-yourself!
Okay. Here goes!


Barbie Table
What you will need:
2 empty spools
1 thin sheet of cardboard (the kind you get in tights, or in fat quarters)
1 thick sheet of cardboard (the kind you get in calendars)
Scissors
Glue (I used Elmer's, but any liquid school glue should probably do the trick) 
Pencil

Step 1: Take your empty spools, and peel the stickers off the tops & bottoms. Glue them together. Let dry as you do next step.
Step 2: Take your thick cardboard and cut a table top shape piece out of it. Mine had eight sides, and was approximately five and a half in. (13 and a half cm) long, and nearly five in. (12 and a half cm) wide. Cut it out. Trace the shape onto your thin cardboard, and cut that out. Glue both together. Let dry as you do next step.
Step 3: Take your thick cardboard and cut out a base. My approximate dimensions were: 2 in. (5 cm.) long, and 1 and one quarter in. (3 cm.) wide. Glue it onto the connected spools.
Step 4: Glue the top of the table to the spools. Let dry.

Okay, well that part is done. I hope it was helpful and descriptive.
By the way, I also made the food and books on the table itself. The bagel, cinnamon roll and the plates were made out of foam, the cake was a bottle cap with paper over it, and the book was just paper.

Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed my posts, because I surely have, and you probably will be hearing from the dolls soon.
Well, until next time,
~Bee~



No comments:

Post a Comment